Organising a sophisticated, impactful and fun wedding together.
If you've found your way to my website - then you must like what I do! Like most people, you now find yourself in the position of having to organise a sophisticated, impactful and fun wedding for family, friends and more importantly, yourselves for the first (or maybe second) time! So many ideas and so little time!
Whether you are an extrovert who loves the limelight, or a camera shy couple, you will need a photographer who you connect with and want to hang around with for over 8 hours!
Getting to spend quality time with your family and friends is very important, as is creating compelling photos you'll treasure forever. That's where I come in - a photographer you can trust and connect with, who eliminates your fears and produces banging images at the end!
BEFORE THE WEDDING
You're here because you feel I might 'just' be just the photographer for you! Which is great news! Here I outline my approach to our relationship before the wedding and what you should expect.
Once I know all your plans, I can check my diary for availability and off we go!
- We can either meet in-person or online, helping you to decide which package is best for you both and show you some album examples.
- You will receive my booking form link, and when it is filled in and the booking deposit is paid, you can then sit back and relax as another thing is ticked off your list.
- Once you are ready for a wee practice run at your pre-wedding shoot, we'll schedule in your pre-wedding shoot. It can be done any time from booking, until a month before the wedding.
- You will receive your pre-wedding images in an online gallery which you can download and print to your hearts content.
- I'll catch up with you both again before the wedding to double check details and timeline for the day so that all runs smoothly. Think of me as your extra bridesmaid that keeps the stopwatch!
- Then all that's left is to get married! You will fly through it like pros thanks to the trial run. All nerves are now out of the way and you know exactly what to do. But don't worry - if you forget, I'm right behind you, cheering you on.
“Then all that's left is to get married! You will fly through it like pros thanks to the trial run. All nerves are now out of the way and you know exactly what to do. But don't worry - if you forget, I'm right behind you, cheering you on.”
what couples say...
what couples say...
“I am so grateful to have Denise is my Auntie. Even though she was a guest at our wedding, she did not stop all day. She puts her heart and soul into her work! She captured the magic of the day for us to look back on, as it went by in a beautiful blur. I love how she got all the details and guests enjoying themselves, as we missed it all in the joy of the day. It means so much to us. Thank you always.”
AFTER THE WEDDING
After the buzz of the day has died now, but you are still on a wee high, I send a sneak peek over to you so you get a taste of what is to come! Your amazing wedding captured in time.
- 6-8 weeks post nuptials, I will have a surprise package of goodies ready for you, including a USB of all your images and slideshow of your highlights.
- An online gallery will follow so you can share with your family and friends to view or download from.
- If you picked an album package, you will decide your images. I send you an album proof to make sure you are happy with it before it goes to print.
- 6-8 weeks after sending that to print, I meet you with your stunning album.
- I hope I will get to see you again to document the next chapter of your story together.
What is your photography style?
I have a natural and relaxed style of photography. Your day will go by super fast, so my experience allows me to document your wedding day as it unfolds - ticking off all those critical romantic and precious moments. The more natural your images, the truer a story is told of the day. Memories to enjoy for years to come.
Do you do posed shots?
The majority of my work is candid, as it is happening on the wedding day. While I don’t like asking people to pose, there are some staged shots that need to have some structure and order - especially photos with families and the wider bridal party. I always try to do your family images after the ceremony as everyone is there which leaves your family free to go to your venue at their own leisure. Plus it leaves us more time for couple portraits and mingling with your guests.
How soon do I have to book my wedding?
Advisably, as soon as you have your venue booked! I only book 15 weddings a year so the popular dates go quickly. If you have me in mind for your wedding, contact me sooner rather than later as I hate to disappoint anyone.
What if it rains on my wedding day?
I used to worry about the weather coming up to a wedding, until I was shooting one where it literally rained the entire day! Thankfully the Bride and Groom were not going to let a little rain dampen their day and proceeded to pop open an umbrella and we got the most amazing images with a really dramatic gray sky! Sometimes finding a cozy dry spot can make the images more intimate and personal. I only take the bridal couple out, not the full party. Those along with the family photos can be captured inside the venue. It always works out, trust your photographer's experience.
Can you go to the groom and bride's house on the morning of the wedding?
If the bride and groom are within 10 minutes from each other, then yes I can go to the groom too. Normally I only go to the bride's house and then capture the groom at the ceremony before the bride arrives. If I am too far away from the Groom's house and they still want to go ahead with it, then a Second Shooter will have to be booked at your initial booking. This is an additional charge. They will cover the Groom’s preparations and extra detail and guest images throughout the day.