Have you found your dream wedding venue?
I get asked this quite often. If I was getting married again, where would I book my wedding? I honestly don't think I would know where to go as there are so many venues in this wee country that I love.
11 years ago when we got married, you were basically looking out for a nice hotel. Maybe one that you had been too for a wedding before. So many factors will decide where your venue will be, location may be one of them.
We lived 1 hour and 30 minutes away from each other so wanted to find somewhere in between. I love old buildings that have been around for years so we decided to get our portraits taken at the historic Parkanaur manor house and on to our hotel for the reception.
Every couple will have their preferences to what kind of venue/location they want, if it is old and intimate or new and modern, go with your gut feeling and stick to your dream as it will be worth it in the end. If you can initially work out a budget it will help to set realistic goals and help find the venue within your reach. The variety of stunning, intimate weddings venues in Northern Ireland and Ireland now is amazing, there are new ones are popping up everywhere, that can accommodate to any size of wedding! Great venues get booked up 12-18 months in advance, so the sooner you get started the more likely you are to snag your first choice and the date you want, that goes for all of your vendors as well.
I have created a list of some of my favourite wedding venues, some of which I have been to several times and others I am to photograph at next year! You will see they all have some form of character and rustic charm, with a modern feel and that is what attracts me to them, old walls, beautiful grounds steeped in history with a modern interior that suits the style of the building! Worth a wee browse if you have similar styles and tastes to myself.
- Ballydugan Mill, Ballydugan, Downpatrick, Co. Down
- Ballymagarvey Village. Balrath, Navan, Co. Meath
- Ballyscullion Park, Bellaghy, Magherafelt
- Belle Isle Estate, Lisbellaw, Enniskillen, Co Fermanagh
- Bellingham Castle, Castlebellingham, Co. Louth
- Castle Leslie Estate, Glaslough, Co. Monaghan
- Clonabreany House, Crossakiel, Kells, Co. Meath
- Corick Country House, Clogher, Co.Tyrone
- Drenagh House & Estate, Limavady, Co Derry
- Farnham Estate, Drumbar, Co.Cavan
- The Ivory Pavilion, Galgorm Castle,190 Galgorm Rd, Ballymena
- Killeavy Castle Estate, Killeavy, County Armagh
- Killyman Old Rectory, Dungannon Co.Tyrone
- Larchfield Estate, Lisburn, County Antrim
- Lough Eske Castle, Donegal Town, Co.Donegal
- Lough Rynn Castle, Mohill, Co Leitrim
- Orange Tree House, Greyabbey, Co Down
- Tankardstown House, Slane, Co. Meath
- The Carriage Rooms at Montalto Estate, Ballynahinch, Co Down
- The Wool Tower, Raceview Mill, Broughshane
One Fab Day - top 40 venues in northern Ireland
One Fab Day have created a blog to give you their top 40 venues in Northern Ireland, some of the above included plus more stylish hotels and unique venues.
If you need any more information please contact me, I am happy to help you on your journey. Happy Planning!